Last updated: March 1, 2023.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared, and we appreciate your trust that we will do so carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how GreatBuys.info and its affiliates (collectively "Great Buys") collect and process your personal information through Great Buys websites, services, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "Great Buys Services"). By using Great Buys Services, you are consenting to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information About Customers Does Great Buys Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Automatic Information: We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Great Buys Services, including information about your interaction with content, and services available through Great Buys Services. Like many websites, we use "cookies" and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses Great Buys Services and other content served by or on behalf of Great Buys on other websites.services
For What Purposes Does Great Buys Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Great Buys Services.
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads. To learn more, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice.
What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
Does Great Buys Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. We share customers' personal information only as described below.
- Protection of Great Buys and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Great Buys, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites: Great Buys Services may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services. For more information about third-party advertising at Great Buys, including interest-based ads, please read our Interest-Based Ads notice. Use of Third-Party Advertising Services: We provide ad companies with information that allows them to serve you with more useful and relevant Great Buys ads and to measure their effectiveness. We never share your name or other information that directly identifies you when we do this. Instead, we use an advertising identifier like a cookie, a device identifier, or a code derived from applying irreversible cryptography to other information like an email address.
What Choices Do I Have?
- Most devices provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device's settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to use Great Buys Services, your use and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Massachusetts. If you have any concern about privacy at Great Buys, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our websites frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Great Buys Services
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or services on our website;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device or through a service or application on a device;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as:
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include:
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
- We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications, and our web pages to collect browsing, usage, or other technical information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access through Great Buys Services include:
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- content that you recently viewed;